Coastal Rowing is the mountain biking of rowing. It is a discipline that is growing around the world.
The rowing skills needed to have fun and be safe out on the water are useful for more than just sport, they are essential life skills for all coastal communities. They are traditional skills, and many have been forgotten since the outboard engine became more widespread in the 1970s.
Coastal Rowing racing is one of the fastest growing disciplines in the sport of rowing, with activity now in all continents of the world.
APRIL 7TH 2024
ROAD SPRINT FORMAT
• Is a run, row, run combination over a 250m out and back buoyed course.
• It uses a time trial and knock-out progression system.
• Races last between2:30-3:30 minutes.
• Venue is the Regatta Centre warm up lake with waves (less than 1m).
• Successful rowers need running and rowing speed, agility, turning power, directional awareness and wave handling skill